Skinny Coconut Curry
ngredients (serves 4)
•1 lb organic boneless & skinless chicken breast
•1/3c reduced fat coconut milk
•1/2c crushed canned tomatoes
•1c long grain brown rice (you can replace with white rice, quinoa or any other carb)
•2c carrots, chopped
•1/3 red onion, chopped
•1c sweet red peppers, chopped
•1 tbs ground cumin
•1 tbs garam masala
•1 tbs curry powder
•1/2 tbs chili powder
•1 garlic clove
•1 tbs ginger
•1 tbs coconut oil
1. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the onions and cook until golden.
3. Add the crushed ginger, stir for a few minutes then add the garlic and cook another minute. Add cumin, garam masala, curry powder, chili powder, and some salt; mix well until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
4. Stir in tomatoes and coconut milk. Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.
5. Add chicken and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes or until cooked through.
6. Add a generous amount of chopped cilantro and serve over rice.