Vanilla Bean Doughnuts
•1c gluten free baking flour
•1tsp baking powder
•1/2c coconut sugar
•pinch of sea salt
•1/2c almond milk
•1/2 tsp apple cider
•2tsp vanilla extract
•3 tbs vanilla bean ghee or butter or coconut oil
•1 flax egg or regular egg
1. Set over to 350 degrees and spray a donut pan with non-stick spray
2. combine four, baking powder, coconut sugar and salt in one bowl
3. In another bowl whisk almond milk and apple cider vinegar together and let sit for at least 15 minutes to make a buttermilk. Then add egg, vanilla and melted ghee to that bowl and whisk until combined.
4. Combine ingredients from both bowls until batter forms
5. Spoon batter into pan making sure you don't cover the middle hole (this will prevent the middle of the donut having a hole)
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or so until golden brown
7. Transfer to cooling rack until ready to be glazed
•2tbs almond butter
•1tbs coconut oil
•1/2tsp vanilla extract
1. Once doughnuts are cooled, melt all ingredients together in microwave.
2. Whisk until smooth then dip top of donuts into the mixture and let cool again
Top with your favorite toppings and ENJOY!